By Kai Borre, Dennis M. Akos, Nicolaj Bertelsen, Peter Rinder, Søren Holdt Jensen
Satellite navigation receivers are used to obtain, technique, and decode space-based navigation signs, reminiscent of these supplied by way of the GPS constellation of satellites. there's an expanding want for a unified open platform that might let more advantageous receiver improvement and layout, in addition to low in cost checking out techniques for numerous functions. This e-book offer hands-on exploration of recent applied sciences during this speedily becoming field.
One of the original gains of the paintings is the interactive method used, giving readers the power to build their very own worldwide Navigation satellite tv for pc platforms (GNSS) receivers. to build this kind of reconfigurable receiver with quite a lot of functions, the authors speak about receiver structure in keeping with software-defined radio (SDR) options. The presentation unfolds in a scientific, common sort and is going from the fundamentals to state-of-the-art research.
Additional positive aspects and themes include:
* Presentation of simple sign constructions utilized in GPS and Galileo, the ecu satellite tv for pc navigation system
* layout and implementation of a GPS sign generator
* Presentation and research of alternative equipment of sign acquisition—serial seek; parallel-frequency area seek; and parallel-code part search—as good as code/carrier monitoring and navigation information decoding
* a whole GPS software program receiver applied utilizing MATLAB code in addition to GPS and GIOVE-A sign records—allowing readers to alter quite a few parameters and instantly see their effects
* MATLAB-based exercises
* A hands-on approach to trying out the fabric lined within the publication: supplementary front-end equipment—which can be bought at http://ccar.colorado.edu/gnss—enables readers engaged on a home windows or LINUX process to generate real-world info by means of changing analog signs to electronic signals
* Supplementary direction fabric for teachers on hand at http://gps.aau.dk/softgps
* Bibliography of modern effects and entire index
The booklet is aimed toward utilized mathematicians, electric engineers, geodesists, and graduate scholars. it can be used as a textbook in numerous GPS expertise and sign processing classes, or as a self-study reference for a person operating with satellite tv for pc navigation receivers.
Read or Download A Software-Defined GPS and Galileo Receiver: A Single-Frequency Approach PDF
Best geology books
A diversified diversity of organisms and rock formations have survived for lots of millennia, originating sooner than the emergence of human lifestyles types. those geological formations show a lot approximately Earth's weather and the kinds of lifestyles kinds which can suffer definite environmental stipulations. utilizing fossil files and geological proof, this entire sequence examines all elements of prehistory, together with the ascendancy of dinosaurs and the beginnings of humankind. quite a few photos and illustrations invite the reader to appreciate the genesis of existence as we all know it.
During this booklet, we take a close examine of nature’s strongest forces; volcanoes and earthquakes. Explaining how and why they ensue, you’ll realize how they have an effect on our lives, and the way they form our panorama. jam-packed with illustrations and remarkable pictures of the wear and tear they could do, you’ll additionally locate case experiences from Etna and Vesuvius to Christchurch and Haiti.
This photo atlas and reference e-book is written in easy language that may be understood by way of a large viewers. The paintings comprehensively explains the geomorphological types of excessive mountains utilizing many examples like glacial erosion varieties and deposits reminiscent of moraines and gravel terraces, that are illustrated with a number of pictures.
- Orbital Forcing Timescales & Cyclostratigraphy. (Geological Society Special Publication Ser. No 85.)
- Plantations, Privatization, Poverty and Power: Changing Ownership and Management of State Forests (Earthscan Forestry Library)
- Treasures of Middle-Earth (Middle Earth Role Playing/MERP #8006)
- Beaches and Coastal Geology
Extra resources for A Software-Defined GPS and Galileo Receiver: A Single-Frequency Approach
A subset of the ﬁrst 32 codes are assigned to (nominally 24) satellites and recycled when old satellites die and new satellites are launched. Codes 33 through 37 are reserved for other uses, including ground transmitters. The P code generation follows the same principles as the C/A code, except that 4 shift registers with 12 cells are used. 5 seconds; and two registers are combined to produce the X 2 code, which is 15,345,037 chips long. The X 1 and X 2 codes can be combined with 37 different delays on the X 2 code to produce 37 different one-week segments of the P code.
Subframe 1 – Satellite Clock and Health Data The ﬁrst subframe contains ﬁrst of all clock information. That is information needed to compute at what time the navigation message is transmitted from the satellite. Additionally, subframe 1 contains health data indicating whether or not the data should be trusted. Subframes 2 and 3 – Satellite Ephemeris Data Subframes 2 and 3 contain the satellite ephemeris data. The ephemeris data relate to the satellite orbit and are needed to compute a satellite position.
The scheme is based on the modulation principle coherent adaptive subcarrier modulation (CASM). Now we have information for deﬁning the binary signal components for channels B and C. However, information on channel A is not available. 1, we will describe the Galileo signal L1 OS. The signal component for channel B results from the modulo-2 addition of the navigation data stream d L1−B , the PRN code sequence c L1−B , and the B subcarrier sc L1−B . The ﬁnal component is called e B . Likewise, the C channel results from the modulo-2 addition of the C channel PRN code sequence c L1−B with the C channel subcarrier sc L1−C .