By Henrietta N. Barnes, Mark D. Aronson, Thomas L. Delbanco, Julius B. Richmond, A. Abrams, M.D. Aronson, H.N. Barnes, R.D. Bayog, M. Bean-Bayog, J. Bigby, B. Bush, M.G. Cyr, J. Daley, T.L. Delbanco, J. Ende, A.W. Fox, P.A. Friedman, M.E. Griner, P.F. Griner
Based at the Commonwealth Harvard Alcohol learn and instructing application, this clinically orientated paintings is designed to provide internists and first care practitioners the data and talents essential to realize and deal with sufferers with alcoholism.
Read Online or Download Alcoholism: A Guide for the Primary Care Physician PDF
Similar family & general practice books
Annotation summary: Annotation
With complete revisions and updates, plus new chapters on herbs and supplementations, "triptans," headache in the course of breast feeding, menstrual migraine, opiate abuse, cervicogenic explanations of headache, and workout and sexual headache, this ebook provides an entire and in-depth diversity of data for fundamental care physicians and neurologists.
Fats is the most costly part in confectionery similar to chocolate. it could contain of cocoa butter, milk fats, palm oil, lauric oil, unique fat, and so on. This new guide, with quite a few figures and tables, offers a accomplished consultant to all features of confectionery fat, with specific emphasis at the later.
Targeting its fresh proliferation in sanatorium structures, wireless Enabled Healthcare explains how wireless is remodeling medical paintings flows and infusing new existence into the categories of cellular units being applied in hospitals. Drawing on first-hand reports from one of many greatest healthcare structures within the usa, it covers the most important components linked to instant community layout, protection, and help.
- Running Group Visits in Your Practice
- Fundamentals of Pain Medicine: How to Diagnose and Treat your Patients
- Bio-ceramics with clinical applications
- Frontiers in biomedical polymer applications, Volume 1
- Medical Wisdom and Doctoring: The Art of 21st Century Practice
Additional resources for Alcoholism: A Guide for the Primary Care Physician
First, because the disease of alcoholism itself distorts the recollection of past events, retrospective data are necessarily suspect. Second, most study populations have been composed of middle-aged, white men with severe disease-hardly representative of women, minority, adolescent, or elderly alcoholics. Finally, unacknowledged bias of two types is common: (1) inadequate length offollow-up and (2) selective study populations, for example, sociopaths or alcoholics already in treatment. Risk Factors for Alcoholism Risk factors for alcoholism fall into three categories: family history, ethnic background, and occupation or social milieu.
10. Kammeier ML, Hoffman H, Loper RG: Personality characteristics of alcoholics as college freshmen and at the time of treatment. Q J Stud Alcohol 1973;34:390-399. II. Schuckit MA: Alcoholism and sociopathy- Diagnostic confusion. Q J Stud Alcohol 1973;34: 157-164. 12. Tarter RE: Minimal brain dysfunction as an etiological predisposition to alcoholism, in Meyer RE, et al (eds): Evaluation ofthe Alcoholic: Implications for Research, Theory, and Treatment. NIAAA Monograph Series, 1981. 13. Johnson VE: I'll Quit Tomorrow.
Understanding how a person develops dependence on alcohol can begin to answer that question. Although it is impossible to predict who of those who are at risk for alcoholism will actually develop the disease, once the process has started there is a fairly characteristic pattern of psychologic and behavioral events. Drinking alcoholic beverages is a learned behavior. Initial drinking experiences teach an individual that drinking alcohol provides a positive mood swing that is dose related. N. Barnes anxiety.